Monday, November 23, 2015

Prenatal Yoga Workshop in St John USVI 2016

It has been an exciting and emotional year with ups and downs, learning and growing, and change. Lots of change. I return to my yoga practice again and again, not just because it helps my body feel good, but also because it provides a framework to view my life journey.

My practice is to emulate building a yoga pose in my day to day actions. First I ground. Where am I? Physically, mentally, emotionally? What is my intention? Then I add the breath. I feel present in myself with the breath. With my exhale I release anything that doesn't serve me in this moment. With my inhale, I energize my intention. Visualize it. Manifest it. Only then comes the physical action itself. The action rides the waves of breath, expanding and contracting, rooting and rising.

What does this mean? Nothing and everything... I am poised for action. This is a reminder for myself that intention and the conscious forming of that intention, comes first.

My intention is to share with my home community of St John some of what I have learned about teaching yoga for the 4 trimesters of pregnancy. And no, that is not a typo. Pregnancy is the process of becoming a mother and that doesn't end in birth, it begins. Prenatal yoga, supports the body in preparation for birth, but it can also support the woman, the community and the journey for birth and beyond.

Contact me for more information on my 2 day Prenatal Yoga Workshop, Jan 16 & 17. 2016 on St John, USVI.

No comments:

Post a Comment